Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chick Pea Cakes

After seeing something on the Travel Channel, I tried to make it. It was some sort of flat bread-ish looking thing made of chick pea, olive oil, and flour. Seemed easy enough, so, I made my own. I'm not sure if it had the correct texture or taste because it's hard to judge that just from watching a show, but everyone seemed to like it. I put 2 cans of chick peas (drained) in the food processor to grind them down to a paste. I added that to some olive oil, then gradually added flour till I got a consistency I liked. After that, I threw in some salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder. I grabbed small, round pieces of the dough and made them into flat little cakes and put them in the pan with some olive oil. They cooked for about 3 minutes on each side. They came out pretty good. I also made a spread for them with avocado, plain yogurt, minced garlic, onion powder, salt, paprika, and cumin. Very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment